{ Login logot } Join! (free) FAQ Memberlist Search bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index

bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat -> Premiership club the running of which we should Aspire Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Posted:
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Premiership club the running of which we should Aspire
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:11 pm  Reply with quote
greyhairedraven

Before it gets deleted.
What many sparring partners have been saying in other posts on our forum website. I quote the Pontypridd webpage posted last week.
"Pontypridd RFC carry over a core of 24 man squad from this successful champion winning season into the next.
The club senior player base is now well established having been together for a number of years. Continuity is the key word as the squad remains largely intact to face the challenges of the 2015-16 campaign.
Some new signings are also in the offing to bolster the existing squad ensuring that Pontypridd RFC remain competitive on all fronts in the season to come.
ALL 24 players were named and it was highlighted that 1 player had left to go to Ebbw Vale.
Since the above posting Ponty have announced that Ceri Sweeney has been signed and also Shaun O'Rourke ex Raven.(Bridgend Ravens sending Twitter congratulations to Ponty for signing him, would they have done that if we had signed one of their ex players).
What we Ravens supporters get is it's not June yet.
Those who knock us moaners should read the above as many times as it takes for the penny to drop no wonder they are the best supported premiership team.
Re: Premiership club the running of which we should Aspire
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
ladyraven

greyhairedraven wrote:
Before it gets deleted.
What many sparring partners have been saying in other posts on our forum website. I quote the Pontypridd webpage posted last week.
"Pontypridd RFC carry over a core of 24 man squad from this successful champion winning season into the next.
The club senior player base is now well established having been together for a number of years. Continuity is the key word as the squad remains largely intact to face the challenges of the 2015-16 campaign.
Some new signings are also in the offing to bolster the existing squad ensuring that Pontypridd RFC remain competitive on all fronts in the season to come.
ALL 24 players were named and it was highlighted that 1 player had left to go to Ebbw Vale.
Since the above posting Ponty have announced that Ceri Sweeney has been signed and also Shaun O'Rourke ex Raven.(Bridgend Ravens sending Twitter congratulations to Ponty for signing him, would they have done that if we had signed one of their ex players).
Those who knock us moaners should read the above as many times as it takes for the penny to drop no wonder they are the best supported premiership team.

If we'd had a succesful league team I'm sure we'd have wanted to hang on to every one of them too.
On other forums Ponty are oftaen  proclaimed as the succcesful format most other Semi-Pro clubs should aspire to.

The irony of the Ponty Forum is that they have had a tremendous amount of help from the Blues, both from a coaching and playing point of view, but have the most rabid anti-Blues fans who chant "I will never be a Blue" from the Terraces.

They seem to want to bite the hand that feeds, especially with their rants last week about the BIC situation.

It'll be interesting to see what happens there next year.

only one teeny disagreement (come on there has to be one!) - the  tweet was a good luck to Sean O rourke, not a congrats to Ponty.
 Smile
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
malpas69

Ebbw Vale have also posted their retained squad members and their new signings, with promises of more news to come on their homepage.
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

ladyraven wrote:

only one teeny disagreement (come on there has to be one!) - the  tweet was a good luck to Sean O rourke, not a congrats to Ponty.
 Smile

Come on LadyRaven. Don't let the truth get in the way of another needless dig. Sack the social media team I say! Very Happy Very Happy
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
greyhairedraven

Aled  I own up it was my mistake Ladyraven corrected it. You owe her an apology.
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

greyhairedraven wrote:
Aled  I own up it was my mistake Ladyraven corrected it. You owe her an apology.

How come?
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
greyhairedraven

Aled   awright it been a long day.
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
celtic warrior

ladyraven wrote:
greyhairedraven wrote:
Before it gets deleted.

If we'd had a succesful league team I'm sure we'd have wanted to hang on to every one of them too.
On other forums Ponty are oftaen  proclaimed as the succcesful format most other Semi-Pro clubs should aspire to.

The irony of the Ponty Forum is that they have had a tremendous amount of help from the Blues, both from a coaching and playing point of view, but have the most rabid anti-Blues fans who chant "I will never be a Blue" from the Terraces.

They seem to want to bite the hand that feeds, especially with their rants last week about the BIC situation.

It'll be interesting to see what happens there next year.

Smile
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
celtic warrior

What Ponty supporters object to,and quite rightly in my opinion is
1.the players that everyone at the Blues and other forums bitch about being dual registered or permitted are all players that have come from Pontypridd and WANT to play for Pontypridd if not involved with Blues ,I cannot see anything wrong with that,what they bitch about ,quite rightly is the stream of accusations that they are Blues parasites ,they are only getting back what they delivered and developed at Ponty,I don,t remember too many complaints when two seasons ago we constantly had a shed full of Ospreys players playing including an appearance by Mathew Morgan,were we Osprey parasites,what I admire is the fact that Ponty stick up for themselves and are be holding to no one unlike some clubs who are totally in the pockets of their regional masters,as for the BIC ,I wonder what we would be shouting if we had been as successful as they have in the BIC,we should admire Pontypridd and if we were half as successful both on and off the field we would not be in the mess we are in now,ask and answer the question Lady Raven,why are players not staying,why do ex players not return,why are attendances dropping year on year ,why did our forwards coach call it a day when he has worked magic with our forwards in the past 2 seasons .what have Ospreys done that is positive for Bridgend Ravens this season? Diddly squat!
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
ladyraven

celtic warrior wrote:
What Ponty supporters object to,and quite rightly in my opinion is
1.the players that everyone at the Blues and other forums bitch about being dual registered or permitted are all players that have come from Pontypridd and WANT to play for Pontypridd if not involved with Blues ,I cannot see anything wrong with that,what they bitch about ,quite rightly is the stream of accusations that they are Blues parasites ,they are only getting back what they delivered and developed at Ponty,I don,t remember too many complaints when two seasons ago we constantly had a shed full of Ospreys players playing including an appearance by Mathew Morgan,were we Osprey parasites,what I admire is the fact that Ponty stick up for themselves and are be holding to no one unlike some clubs who are totally in the pockets of their regional masters,as for the BIC ,I wonder what we would be shouting if we had been as successful as they have in the BIC,we should admire Pontypridd and if we were half as successful both on and off the field we would not be in the mess we are in now,ask and answer the question Lady Raven,why are players not staying,why do ex players not return,why are attendances dropping year on year ,why did our forwards coach call it a day when he has worked magic with our forwards in the past 2 seasons .what have Ospreys done that is positive for Bridgend Ravens this season? Diddly squat!

Yes, but those pro players are only available because of the blues. If they had signed for the Dragons, Ospreys or Scarlets, they would not be able to play for Ponty.

But instead of recognising the fact that they are receiving assistance they continue to be anti-Region.

If they just come clean and said - yes, you know whst, we've got s good system going here with the Blues, - nobody would criticise them. it's  the ingratitude that makes people cross with them.
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
johnsy

Celtic Warrior,   You sound like a Ponty supporter. Only Ponty players who get a Blues contract come back to play for them ??   Lou Reed ? Tal Filise the prop, to name two. What part of Pontypridd did they come through the ranks ?   They have a lot of help. The supporters don't want to admit it.
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

johnsy wrote:
Celtic Warrior,   You sound like a Ponty supporter. Only Ponty players who get a Blues contract come back to play for them ??   Lou Reed ? Tal Filise the prop, to name two. What part of Pontypridd did they come through the ranks ?   They have a lot of help. The supporters don't want to admit it.

18 Cardiff Blues players this season says a lot. Regardless of where they have come from - they are paid by Cardiff.
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
Gazza23

Aled wrote:
johnsy wrote:

18 Cardiff Blues players this season says a lot. Regardless of where they have come from - they are paid by Cardiff.

But on the flipside, this is highlighting exactly how bad a relationship we have with our owners the O's, I can literally count on one hand (and no I don't have freakishly extra digits) on how many O's contracted players played for us last season - and we desperately needed this resource. If we didn't get any help at all this season, what makes people think it will be any different in the future. The cup was paraded around the liberty during half time of the Glasgow game - great for our guys but why should the O's claim credit for any help in us getting this cup - we did it by ourselves. I lost count of the number of times I saw Habbers walking past my house with an injured Nipper last season and not an Ospreys game in sight - yet I then went down the brewery and watched us well beaten time and again - galling.

I know Ladyraven suggested that the quality of the Prem is bad and the superclubs don't want to injure their players - but won't they run the risk of being injured in some meaningless A fixture. In any case, who would go to watch any such fixture - 'A' ospreys against ''A' dragons - wow what a crowd puller that would be. Whereas, a stronger Bridgend against a strong Ebbw Vale would naturally have a greater pull.
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
Wild Raven

Gazza23 wrote:
I can literally count on one hand (and no I don't have freakishly extra digits) on how many O's contracted players played for us last season

Really?

Matt Dwyer
Ross Jones
Olly Cracknell
Rory Thornton
Luke PRice
Marc Thomas
RHodri Hughes
Ieuan JOnes
Dan Suter
Tom Habberfield
Lloyd Evans
Tito Tibaldi
Owen Watkin

How are those freakish extra fingers you mention then?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
ladyraven

Wild Raven wrote:
Gazza23 wrote:
I can literally count on one hand (and no I don't have freakishly extra digits) on how many O's contracted players played for us last season

Really?

Matt Dwyer
Ross Jones
Olly Cracknell
Rory Thornton
Luke PRice
Marc Thomas
RHodri Hughes
Ieuan JOnes
Dan Suter
Tom Habberfield
Lloyd Evans
Tito Tibaldi
Owen Watkin

How are those freakish extra fingers you mention then?

Oh did you have to mention Tito Tibaldi??

I have tried to erase that episode from my memory!

Premiership club the running of which we should Aspire
  bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat