{ Login logot } Join! (free) FAQ Memberlist Search bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index

bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat -> Team to play Pontypridd. Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Posted:
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Team to play Pontypridd.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:58 am  Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

First Premiership starts in Ravens colours for Matthew Phillips & Owen Watkin.

http://bit.ly/PontyHome
Ponty game
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
greyhairedraven

Sorry to say that the team picked  is not going to get anywhere near Ponty
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Gazza23

I agree, just goes to show how our team selection is so far off the seriousness of this league. We are playing the consistently best team in this level who are a professional and well drilled outfit and we throw in two inexperienced debuts in critical positions and chop and change elsewhere - genius, that should work.

Our allocation players drafted in for the pointless game against Gloucester - where are they most needed? Us bottom of the pile and up against Ponty and desperate for points or a nothing game in the LV? The management (Ospreys) aren't even pretending to be concerned about us anymore. So fed up it's unbelievable.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quote
jarrad

Sure we were only moaning last week about the osprey players not giving 100% and now we have local boys in we moan due to lack of ospreys lets get behind these boys and give them a chance cant be worse than whar we have seen so far this season
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:14 am Reply with quote
Gazza23

Jarrad, our best players playing for the shadow Ospreys meaningless side ARE local boys who would make a massive difference playing for us against the best side in the league, not 18 year old newcomers, but for some very strange reason we are not allowed to have these players pull on the Bridgend jersey.

Look, I wish all Bridgend players the very best and everyone has to start somewhere but lets be honest, the side picked, and I am always behind our side totally and have been for 35 years, hasn't a chance tomorrow and we all know that. Enough of the "Cmon Bridgend" posts when we all know that we are cannon fodder. I actually remember when we were competitive against these sides we now get hammered by. And the only Ospreys players we moaned about not giving 100 per cent was that flaming Italian scrum half dicking around behind the posts and throwing away a precious losing bonus point - explain that away please.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
ladyraven

Ahem.....

Laughing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
fletcher

Great team performance with,crucially, very few mistakes.  Im not getting carried away as I thought Ponty had a real off day....they nearly lost a similar game away to Neath a few weeks ago.  The big question is can we build on this performance in the next two away games....something we have rarely done in the past. Both the games against Newport and Llandovery are winnable if only we can reproduce todays form.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
MrPessimist

ladyraven wrote:
Ahem.....

Laughing

bet the positive result will be spun into a negative by this bored though...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Bouch

We got the result we could/should have had up in Pontypridd, gents.

Well done, Lads.

Very good performance and the right result.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
Gazza23

Again, the reason I stated why I haven't been posting on this forum earlier in the season and the close season is being portrayed as negative and unsupportive - but look at the majority of the frustrating results and the disappointing season we have had so far. It appears that some people cannot differentiate between negative and realistic.

A fantastic result yesterday, the boys dug deep and showed that we have certainly got the potential. Ok, that wasn't the Ponty side who almost got the result over Worcester last week, but a win against a top side is brilliant. We just need to be beating average sides like Bedwas, Quins, Keys etc on a regular basis.
Re: Ponty game
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

greyhairedraven wrote:

Oops.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

Gazza23 wrote:
Jarrad, our best players playing for the shadow Ospreys meaningless side ARE local boys who would make a massive difference playing for us against the best side in the league, not 18 year old newcomers, but for some very strange reason we are not allowed to have these players pull on the Bridgend jersey.

17 year old Owen Watkin was my man of the match!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
ladyraven

Gazza23 wrote:

Our allocation players drafted in for the pointless game against Gloucester - where are they most needed? Us bottom of the pile and up against Ponty and desperate for points or a nothing game in the LV? The management (Ospreys) aren't even pretending to be concerned about us anymore. So fed up it's unbelievable.

Quote:
our best players playing for the shadow Ospreys meaningless side ARE local boys who would make a massive difference playing for us against the best side in the league

Here's the Ospreys team for that 'Meaningless' match

15 Richard Fussell
14 Tom Grabham
13 Jonathan Spratt (Capt)
12 Ben John
11 Dafydd Howells
10 Sam Davies
9 Tom Habberfield

1 Gareth Thomas
2 Scott Otten
3 Daniel Suter
4 Rynier Bernardo
5 Tevita Cavubati
6  Olly Cracknell
7 Ieuan Jones
8 Morgan Allen

REPLACEMENTS

16 Matthew Dwyer
17 Tom Sloane
18 Cai Griffiths
19 Rhodri Hughes
20 Ifereimi Boladau
21 Martin Roberts
22 Joe Thomas
23 Aisea Natoga

Can you clarify which local players you are referring to?

The Players want, and need, to be playing at the highest level they can, and this weekend, with the First choice Ospreys players on Wales duty,  is the chance for the fringe regional players to grab their chances.

Whilst I would love to see them all in a Bridgend jersey every week, that is a bit of a selfish viewpoint and we should be proud of them when they step up and play at the higher level, not moan that they have been taken away.

Also, Lloyd Evans and Ross are with Wales 7s in New Zealand - I hope nobody is begrudging them that honour too?
Re: Ponty game
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Wild Raven

greyhairedraven wrote:

Erm......

Gazza23 wrote:
lets be honest, the side picked, and I am always behind our side totally and have been for 35 years, hasn't a chance tomorrow and we all know that.

Hmmmm?

Gazza23 wrote:
Enough of the "Cmon Bridgend" posts when we all know that we are cannon fodder.

Did the cannon backfire?

Gazza23 wrote:
I actually remember when we were competitive against these sides we now get hammered by.

Yes I can remember as far back as last Saturday too.

Gazza23 wrote:
I agree, just goes to show how our team selection is so far off the seriousness of this league.

Oops!

Gazza23 wrote:
We are playing the consistently best team in this level who are a professional and well drilled outfit and we throw in two inexperienced debuts in critical positions and chop and change elsewhere - genius, that should work.

It's official, Gazza23 predicted that win and also says our coaches are "Geniuses" for their bold selections.

Gazza23 wrote:
So fed up it's unbelievable.

I hope Saturday cheered you up a bit.

Gazza23 wrote:
Again, the reason I stated why I haven't been posting on this forum earlier in the season and the close season is being portrayed as negative and unsupportive - but look at the majority of the frustrating results and the disappointing season we have had so far. It appears that some people cannot differentiate between negative and realistic.

I hope, given the posts highlighted above, you can now see why the word negative has been used.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

I'm not sure you can say Matthew Phillips at 31 years old, with years of Premiership experience with Swansea is inexperienced!  Very Happy

Team to play Pontypridd.
  bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat