{ Login logot } Join! (free) FAQ Memberlist Search bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index

bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat -> This cant carry on - the debacle against Cardiff follows an Page 1, 2  Next
This cant carry on - the debacle against Cardiff follows an
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:59 am  Reply with quote
Sven

Are the Ospreys - and our 'own' local off-field and on-field management teams - intent on grinding this proud club into the ground? I had to console myself with teasing Cardiff fans about how good the referree was yesterday - there was little humour (or pride) to be found in our on-field performance. Ospreys lunacy in insisting Matt Dwyer starts key games rather than our captain would be funny if it wasnt so serious - similarly taking him off at Llanelli just as we started to fightback through the pack. He isnt going to stay. I am not happy seeing us at the bottom of the Premiership but is anybody else that bothered? The way that fan inputs on this forum have become minimal and uncontroversial this season is a good indicator of passionate Bridgend saying what's the point. I am on the whole not blaming individual players or the playing team as a group - its not their fault extra money allocated to the club this season by the WRU this season isnt being spent on our playing squad to replace those who departed. I will have standard response from Osprey loyalists in our local management that there was no extra WRU money despite what the WRU printed, but with no transparency of use of the WRU Bridgend funding no one will ever know. There is no way they will ever publish where 'our' clubs money goes I suspect.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
ron jeremie

There is not much point asking or responding to anything on here.
You get the same answer to every question "If it wasn't for the aspreys we wouldn't exist".
Well what i think of aspreys is printed clearly on the sleeve of my shirt, but i'm not allowed to say it on here.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
fletcher

Nothing is going to change whilst we continue to owe our existence to the Ospreys. In our current state we are not even able to compete in half the games we play.  I have said before, I would willingly swop positions with the Ath and see the Ravens in a lower league....relying on local players, financing ourselves and hopefully regaining some of the local support that we have lost  because our total lack of an independent identity. This  may mean losing the Brewery but that would I believe be a price worth paying. As for the Ospreys....I have again watched them play today in front of a small crowd in what should have been one of their biggest games of the season. They have failed to establish a fan base and are unlikely to gain one....they never do anything in europe and who cares if they win the crap Pro 12.  Eddie Butler has got it right when he says that we need to bring back the rivalry of club rugby as Welsh regional rugby is not working. Nothing will be done while Wales continue to hold their own at  international level but if and when they start to fail then people may start looking at the inadequacies of the regional/club system in Wales.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

You're right. The terrible on field performances can't continue, because if they do, we'll get relegated.

That was by far the worst performance of the season. At least at Cardiff away we almost got a losing bonus point. I didn't think it could get any worse than at Llanelli over Christmas.

We're at Quins next. Aberavon won up there, Newport turned them over. Nobody is happy with the way it's going on the field, but I'll be there behind my team.
Re: This cant carry on - the debacle against Cardiff follows
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

Sven wrote:
Are the Ospreys - and our 'own' local off-field and on-field management teams - intent on grinding this proud club into the ground?

Who are the local management team you're referring to Sven?
Re: This cant carry on - the debacle against Cardiff follows
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

Sven wrote:
I am not happy seeing us at the bottom of the Premiership but is anybody else that bothered?

Is anybody bothered? There are a lot of people who dedicate a lot of their time and effort to the cause who are more than bothered about the situation. Sometimes you don't need to waste time, writing on a forum (in which all you get is abuse!) to show that you care.

Come on Sven.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
fletcher

Okay Aled.....we all agree with the following:
Point 1. There are lots of people at the club who work hard for no reward.
Point 2 The above group of people do care about the fact that the team are struggling.

This, presumably, is this all you ever want to hear on this forum. Every time anyone wants to express concern about the continued demise of the club you appear to take it as a personal insult.  Ron and Sven are right....people have generally given up posting on this forum because any criticism from anyone to do with anything involving the club is immediately seen as a personal attack.  Very sad!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
greyhairedraven

Aled I can see how frustrated Sven is as I had a much worse outburst against our stadium manager a few months ago after another rubbish performance by the Ravens. I did apologise to Norman, as after reading one of your replies I realised that the local management team (those who appear in the programme) as well as having their hands tied behind their backs by the "other totally anonymous management  team also have their legs tied together.
Sven is right that our once proud club is being run into the ground you only have to look at what has been happening over the last 3-4 years. The coaching team has been changed 3 times, now we have the smallest coaching team in Wales let alone the Premiership. Many of our better players have left (if I was a betting man I can see us loosing our skipper at the end of the season) and not been replaced by equal or better players, the 1 alleged marque player we did  sign was in the Neath Squad yesterday.
There are many questions which supporters want answers to but we still wait for Mr Hore to address them or any other member of the anonymous off site management team. When did they last visit a home game?
If Mr Hore or the other Higher Management team do not come to address our concerns very very soon then I will be writing to the WRU and one other body, to investigate how our club is being run, particularly the £100k + which is ring fenced for the Ravens and is NOT to be used to fund anything else. As I  was an auditor before I retired I would like to check on a number of things including the creative accountancy, which I believe may be taking place.
Aled we know you try your best under difficult circumstances but it is the complete lack of any feeling or visual contact with the supporters by the Hore management team that is frustrating them. I would appreciate if you could send this on to whom it concerns so that they can see that we supporters are reaching the end with the rubbish that is being played in the name of Bridgend Ravens and they need to react.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

fletcher wrote:
Okay Aled.....we all agree with the following:
Point 1. There are lots of people at the club who work hard for no reward.
Point 2 The above group of people do care about the fact that the team are struggling.

This, presumably, is this all you ever want to hear on this forum. Every time anyone wants to express concern about the continued demise of the club you appear to take it as a personal insult.  Ron and Sven are right....people have generally given up posting on this forum because any criticism from anyone to do with anything involving the club is immediately seen as a personal attack.  Very sad!

I've not taken anything personally. I'm really not bothered about words on a screen. I just think the continuous jibes about others not caring is sad, and that's why I replied.

Anyway, you know who I am. It would be great to chat face to face at Carmarthen on Saturday. Introduce yourself and we can have a chat over a pint!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
Sven

Aled. Please dont take any of my comments personally. I know you care dearly for this club. I suspect my frustation is that we will end up like Penarth, Pontypool and Maesteg as interesting chapters in the bygone history of Welsh rugby. I think my first post has proven to me there are still people hurting about our predicament. I think however our local management should stand down en masse now, to avoid legitamising the current Ospreys 'do it to them' approach and show that we still have some fight and a pride in Bridgend RFC (not this Ravens nonsense). What they are doing to Ashleigh is scandalous. We are a proud club on the edge of a precipcice - do we just sleep-walk over the edge or fight with all our might. Wwe are teetering on the edge.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:41 am Reply with quote
johnsy

I agree with the shambles we have become week in, week out, however, on the plus side , some good performances from Chris Lewis in the centre , Ieuan the no.8 looked good , The scrum performed well . I think the score flattered them. Ok , they were the better team but they did have two lucky tries . I didn't notice their 15 was also red carded ? Well spotted by the linesman if he saw the incident off the ball.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

Sven wrote:
Aled. Please dont take any of my comments personally. I know you care dearly for this club. I suspect my frustation is that we will end up like Penarth, Pontypool and Maesteg as interesting chapters in the bygone history of Welsh rugby. I think my first post has proven to me there are still people hurting about our predicament. I think however our local management should stand down en masse now, to avoid legitamising the current Ospreys 'do it to them' approach and show that we still have some fight and a pride in Bridgend RFC (not this Ravens nonsense). What they are doing to Ashleigh is scandalous. We are a proud club on the edge of a precipcice - do we just sleep-walk over the edge or fight with all our might. Wwe are teetering on the edge.

Nothing taken personally Sven. I just don't think the assessment that nobody in the local management cares is fair, so I am standing up for them more than anything. I don't take any offence to words on a screen and my commitment to the club is dwarfed by many who work a lot harder for a lot longer in the much aligned local management.

Again, it would be great to chat to you at Carmarthen on Saturday, come and say hi and we can have a beer together. By now you must know that I do share some of your concerns!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Sven

I think those who, as you say, work harder than you need to understand communicating with the wider fan base what they are doing is vitally important - probably via this forum rather than a small clique on a Thursday night (many of us cant get there as we work away, have family commitments, etc). If they are challenging Ospreys management weekly basis and are being ignored just tell us via the forum - we can then start stirring up a fuss outside of the club. Keeping quiet and following the corporate line simply isnt working. I think those of us who turn up regularly to watch and care about the club want to know why the club is being both strangled of investment in players and selections interfered with at the expense of Bridgend. If we dont do something collectively to get some action we will be another Penarth, Pontypool or Maesteg.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

Sven wrote:
I think those who, as you say, work harder than you need to understand communicating with the wider fan base what they are doing is vitally important - probably via this forum rather than a small clique on a Thursday night (many of us cant get there as we work away, have family commitments, etc). If they are challenging Ospreys management weekly basis and are being ignored just tell us via the forum - we can then start stirring up a fuss outside of the club. Keeping quiet and following the corporate line simply isnt working. I think those of us who turn up regularly to watch and care about the club want to know why the club is being both strangled of investment in players and selections interfered with at the expense of Bridgend. If we dont do something collectively to get some action we will be another Penarth, Pontypool or Maesteg.

Understand all of that. Like I say, come and say hi on Saturday. It would be nice to put a name to face Smile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
spitfire

HI all,intresting to hear all the other points offered up. If I may just have my own 2p worth. Firstly I have not been on for a long time as the last time I had my say people did object and I was banned, with resent events in France over free speech, food for thought?However onto rugby matters, yes Cardiff match showed we are a team/club in crisis, not just because of Sat,result.We seem to have settled for talking about just gaining a bonus point a most in games these days in the stands, so poor have our games become. Who s to blame?In ALL walks of life we are all accountable. So why isnt anyone at the club? Sadly the ones who should be held to account are in hiding and the inhouse unrest  seems to sometimes fall on the hardened clubmen who work hard for little reward. The club coaches and especially team manager are non existent in their responsibilities and their silence is only adding fuel to the fire as to our position. My view as stated last year was that we should be looking after ourselves by setting up our own club structure/teams of all ages as to ensure that we can bring through/identify local talent nurcher and develop for Bridgend rfc .With certain people having a foot in both camps how can there priority be Bridgend first? We must learn, adapt and change of reap what we sow.

This cant carry on - the debacle against Cardiff follows an
  bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat