{ Login logot } Join! (free) FAQ Memberlist Search bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index

bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat -> New Coach? Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Posted:
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

New Coach?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:36 am  Reply with quote
beardedgonzo

BIG rumour that Andrew Milward will be our next Head Coach.Not sure how to react!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
johnsy

Id welcome that . Didn't do too badly under a different Neath player who had his path well backed by the Ospreys ?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Sven

Agree with Johnsy. Would much rather than someone with stronger lines into the Ospreys and WRU machinery. More likely to get young players wanting to be with us and motivated to further their careers. We also need a strong and forceful personality to fight our corner in the region. But also they need to strengthen the core of non-Academy players. Lets see what comes of the rumour, and at least there is a rumour rather and thats better than nothing at all!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
jimbob

Agreed, that would be a good appointment if true. He's retired from playing sometime ago so won't have a " one of the boys" mentality that some new coaches have. I don't think players who go straight in to coaching get the same respect from players as an older head , with more experience etc gets. Just my opinion.  Although no doubt millward is part of the ospreys coaching development program.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
spitfire

Some good points Sven,however ,Why are we waiting for the Ospreys to  plan our future? Dont we now  have funding ,the problem I see is that we will always be an Ospreys puppet dancing to any tune that they want us to perform to,wasnt anybody else fed-up with not knowing who was going to be avail.to us on a match day.What must have been going through the regular players minds training all week and then knowing that joe blogs who hasnt trained with BRIDGEND RFC could just waltz in .Here s an idea why dont we run our own team,make our own decisions and stop waiting for other people down the road to ignore us week in week out,Anyone who has worked at any level down in Llandarcy can tell you that its Swansea/Neath/Aberavon and if anyones left after that ,look at Bridgend.Please come on lets think about regaining our own identity again and build from within...Just remember it wasnt that long ago we probablly had  the strongest side in the Uk never mind Wales...it was called the Warrios ..now what ever happened to them and by who???????
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

spitfire wrote:
Just remember it wasnt that long ago we probablly had  the strongest side in the Uk never mind Wales...it was called the Warrios ..now what ever happened to them and by who???????

That was over 10 years ago now, rugby has changed and Bridgend is in a different place now.
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
spitfire

Your right about rugby changing Aled,Bridgend rfc is now in a different place,A club in a downward spiral,for the 10years that are mentioned under the Ospreys they have done little to help us grow,at best we are tredding water scrapping survival each year.Before you mention Ospreys finanial help,anyone with any idea will recognise that they are prob. keeping all options open if/when Swansea oust them out of the stadium.Just look at the bottom of our leauge Swans/Neath/Aber and us...soI ask how is it with all the help that these teams have had from ospralia are we all proping everyone else up.Yes we are in a different place,Players leaving,no coach,no ospreys communication,no club communication,total disrispect for paying fans etc.etc.etc.  A better place ALED?
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
greyhairedraven

Could not agree more Spitfire.
Its as though we have 2 separate clubs - Local management who are afraid to do anything and the 20 mile away brigade who wont do anything.
Some months ago I mentioned to one of the named local management that it might be an idea to resurrect the sevens tournament at the end of the season as it should be a money spinner, but I was knocked back by the reply that the WRU would not allow it. Imagine my surprise when I see that Rumney not a premiership club are putting on a tournament and also some of our players will be playing in a tournament in Bournemouth. As well as having the clubhouse ticking over on a Wed, Thu, Fri, Saturdays were also busy. I'm  sure the club could make money out of it and it was also an opportunity to look at local talent and recruit better players.
I also mentioned the fireworks displays that the local charity organisation used to put on, again I was knocked back, again an opportunity for the club to make some money selling beer, pop, crisps, pasties, pies etc and also give all the youngsters a free season ticket to encourage them to support the club.
We also used to have pre season and midweek  friendlies with some of our local teams, again another way of generating income selling beer pies pasties etc for the club.
It as though local management don't want to make money/ profit for the club because higher management will take it all and the 20 mile away management do not have a clue or a business plan.
When was the last time we had an Ospreys evening where some of the internationals could come along doing a question and answer session again a cash generator. Invite local businessmen and on another night school kid's (potential future supporters provided the club keeps going)This could be done at all the premiership Ospreys clubs, its as though it is to much effort. It could help both the club and the O's.
The thing is the club is dying, we have to do something to try to revive it.
And lastly Beardedgonzo your post of over a week ago has still not been answered by the powers that be, maybe the rumour was just that. Or the decision makers are still on their holiday's.
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
spitfire

Great points G/H/R,sadly there seem to be people in certain roles within the club that are happy to state their titles but it seems to much effort to pursue any creative ideas put forward.There are many good points put forward but as usuall nothing will change,Little tip for those who want these management titles,DO YOUR JOB,no one forces you to put your name forward but at least if you do is it to much to expect that the fans have the right for creating cashflow to make for a better club for all concerned to be discussed at the top table without certain people just dissmissing them out of hand! :oops Mad
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Wild Raven

spitfire wrote:
Anyone who has worked at any level down in Llandarcy can tell you that its Swansea/Neath/Aberavon and if anyones left after that ,look at Bridgend.

I'm sorry but that is utter rubbish.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quote
spitfire

Sorry w/raven having coached age grade down there Ithink I have A fair Idea of the general unofficial feeling behind the face  put out bye the Ospreys,just look at all the help thats been afforded us this year...but again Ill bow to all your greater experience of all your dealing/involvment with the region!
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

spitfire wrote:
Great points G/H/R,sadly there seem to be people in certain roles within the club that are happy to state their titles but it seems to much effort to pursue any creative ideas put forward.There are many good points put forward but as usuall nothing will change,Little tip for those who want these management titles,DO YOUR JOB,no one forces you to put your name forward but at least if you do is it to much to expect that the fans have the right for creating cashflow to make for a better club for all concerned to be discussed at the top table without certain people just dissmissing them out of hand! :oops Mad

You could name those who don't do their job. I can pass on your concerns.
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
spitfire

Its intresting that you only get involved when it gets abit close to home Aled,ie your side kick,As previously stated this is and open forum in which people could have their thoughts aired,As prev pointed out by your fellow fan I deal in facts,I have worked for 3 seasons down wih The age grade Ospreys set up and have great insght  to the general way of thinking  within the region.As for naming personnel at the top table who are not doing their job,thats easy ALL of them.Of course you could counter this  by shooting me down and informing me/us of all the developments that are going on at present,you know ,trivial things like new players arriving,pre season goals or even may be if weve even looked at a coach?Iknow your role is voluntary and as such you should remain impartial so how about passing on this message to all conserned and maybe it would embarrais them into offering a statement to the fans.It is not theyre club,but all the fans!!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
Sven

In trying to de-personalise the latest exchange of views, the trigger was a view around anti-Bridgend bias within Opreys structures. I have asked the following question at least twice in recent months on this forum (without any response from local management) do Bridgend nominate Directors to sit on the main Ospreys board as I understand the other three regional clubs do. This is bound to impact on how business is done in the region and if we don't its bound to impact. From connections with Neath I know they have two nominees on the board (one facing allegations of money laundering and fraud) plus another Ospreys non-executive is a lifelong Neath RFC fan. If we dont have representation who speaks up for Bridgend and fights our corner on the board of directors? Can I have nswer please.
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Aled
Site Admin

spitfire wrote:
Its intresting that you only get involved when it gets abit close to home Aled,ie your side kick,As previously stated this is and open forum in which people could have their thoughts aired,As prev pointed out by your fellow fan I deal in facts,I have worked for 3 seasons down wih The age grade Ospreys set up and have great insght  to the general way of thinking  within the region.As for naming personnel at the top table who are not doing their job,thats easy ALL of them.Of course you could counter this  by shooting me down and informing me/us of all the developments that are going on at present,you know ,trivial things like new players arriving,pre season goals or even may be if weve even looked at a coach?Iknow your role is voluntary and as such you should remain impartial so how about passing on this message to all conserned and maybe it would embarrais them into offering a statement to the fans.It is not theyre club,but all the fans!!!!

I paas on news as i get it. Sometimes i am as frustrated as you guys. I 'get involved' because i think some of what is said is unfair. A lot of people do a lot of hard work behind the scenes so dont group everyone together, thats not fair at all mate.

New Coach?
  bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat