Archive for bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Welcome to the Bridgend Ravens Web Forum. Please feel free to chat about anything that takes your fancy... but remember, keep it clean. This forum is moderated on a daily basis and IPs are tracked (so look out!!!!)
 


       bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat
maw

new swason format

There will be a new structure to the Principality Premiership as the season commences in September, with an expanded division of sixteen clubs, and a top and bottom split after fifteen games (home or away) half way through the season.
the above was taken off Ponty's web site can anyone expand or confirm this is what is going to happen or has Pontypridd flying a kite as I can find it anywhere else. thank you  Mad  Question  Question  Question
homer

What I have heard is play each other once and then split the league Top 8 and Bottom 8
Aled

That's correct homer. More on the new structure is on our website where you can now purchase your season ticket -

https://www.facebook.com/bridgendravens/posts/10157058282450072
maw

New season format

Hi everyone I can find any new details on our web site all the info I got is from Ponty,s where I can I find it on our web site.
Aled

Re: New season format

maw wrote:
Hi everyone I can find any new details on our web site all the info I got is from Ponty,s where I can I find it on our web site.


It is listed within the release regarding our season tickets, Maureen - http://bridgendravens.co.uk/News/Article/45711

'There will be a new structure to this seasonís Principality Premiership. Kicking off in September, with sixteen participants, the league will split after fifteen games into two divisions of eight (having played every side once home or away) half way through the season.'

So we play everyone once (home or away) in the first half of the season, then the league will split into two sets of 8 teams. You'll play the other seven teams home or away within your set of 8.
beardedgonzo

New league format-whats it trying to achieve?.I cant think of any benefit.It appears to be a mish-mash of someones weird mind.
Perhaps im missing the point-??
homer

IWarren Gatland Wants it it as it is used in New Zealand in their  Domestic League
beardedgonzo

Does that mean we will play 22 games next season?
ladyraven

beardedgonzo wrote:
Does that mean we will play 22 games next season?


Yes.

There will be 16 teams in the division.

We play each of the teams once (15 games)
Then it splits into two conferences of 8, and we play each of the teams in our conference once. (7 games)

so there will be 22 League matches played.
beardedgonzo

22 games I presume then 11 home games. We should be having 15 home games if they weren't buggering around with the league format.!!!!. Angry or what.
maw

new season format

I think this means that everyone will play everyone else in the league either at home or away in the 1st half of the season (15 matches) before the top & bottom split, with the remaining fixtures home and away against the other 7 teams in your half of the split. Stay with me here so we should have 29 games if I am reading the article from ponty web sit correctly not 22 or as hoped 30 games . but I am sure someone out there will clarify as I cant work it out with four more teams joining the league  but the same number of games, Question  Question  Question  Question  Question
ladyraven

Re: new season format

maw wrote:
I think this means that everyone will play everyone else in the league either at home or away in the 1st half of the season (15 matches) before the top & bottom split, with the remaining fixtures home and away against the other 7 teams in your half of the split. Stay with me here so we should have 29 games if I am reading the article from ponty web sit correctly not 22 or as hoped 30 games . but I am sure someone out there will clarify as I cant work it out with four more teams joining the league †but the same number of games, QuestionQuestionQuestionQuestionQuestion


As stated above - we play all 15 ONCE, and then we split and play the other 7 in our group ONCE

15 + 7 = 22.

I've not seen anything on Ponty's website that says anything different. Their season ticket article also says they are expecting to have 11 home games.
beardedgonzo

My mail to WRU


Enquiry:

Can you spell out the new rules for premiership league for next year please.

Reply back from them


Good morning

Thank you for your email.

The new rules are yet to be issued for next year.

Kind regards

Sharon Clinch
ladyraven

beardedgonzo wrote:
My mail to WRU


Enquiry:

Can you spell out the new rules for premiership league for next year please.

Reply back from them


Good morning

Thank you for your email.

The new rules are yet to be issued for next year.

Kind regards

Sharon Clinch


Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

The fixtures are out today - they have only announced the first 15 fixtures.
which are available here.

http://www.wru.co.uk/downloads/prem.pdf

       bridgendravens.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bridgend Ravens' News & Chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum